Club History

Bordertown Golf Club was established in 1905 with a 9 hole course close to the town. In 1956 land was purchased to establish a 18 hole course. The land first had to be partially cleared of vegetation. Undulating sandy soil requiring fertilizing and seeding down to suitable grasses. Many volunteers carried out the building of the course. Underground water enabled the fairways and greens to be irrigated and improvements in grasses and course management to this day.

Later came the building of a clubhouse to replace the small tin shed being used up until then. In 1950 a new clubhouse was opened.

Club House 1950
Old Club